Monday, August 16, 2010

You have to put first things first

I woke up at 5:13 a.m. raring to go.  My mind was cycling through a ton of things I needed to get done to get this show on the road.  It's a lot!

  1. Find my electronic voice recorder. (Done)
  2. Put new batteries in it. (Done - Thank heavens I had some AAA's laying around)
  3. Find the cord to the voice recorder so I can dump what I record to disk.  (Yikes)
  4. Find every last blinking thing from the bank and put it in one place.  (Done - Guess what, I'm just not that organized!)
  5. Find every last blinking thing from the creditor who keeps calling after I've sent them a "Debt Verification - Do not telephone)" letter.
  6. Call PrePaid Legal on #4 and #5 above.
  7. Resurrect my Bankruptcy Chapter 13 folder and put statements into it (They require something like the last three or last six statements from everybody -- utilities, phone, credit cards, personal, everything)
  8. Check all my bank and credit card balances so I know what I'm working with. (Done - it's not much!)
  9. List of utilities, etc. to be paid and sad to say, some are in pre cut off mode (Done)
  10. Pull cash out of one account to put in another so I can pay electric company (I have a cash only account to help me stay organized and to avoid overdraft fees)
  11. Pay the electric company ASAP, today, first thing.
  12. Pay my storage unit today to avoid a fee.
That doesn't even begin to get through my list, like, clean the catboxes, wash the dishes, take out the trash, water the side garden.

But what I really wanted to say is, it's 8 a.m., I have to leave for work soon, I've been up for three hours and I haven't looked at the scriptures that will get me through the day.  So in all this crisis, I have to be sure to put my Heavenly Father first.

No comments:

Post a Comment