Friday, August 13, 2010

Five autodial calls in 48 hours

In the 48 hours since we ended the loan mod process, I've had FIVE phone calls from the collection department's autodialer.  I'm wondering, do debt collection activities from a mortgage company qualify under the Federal protection acts for consumers?  

Had two autodialer calls on the first day.  I called them back last night, as soon as I got home.  I spoke with Daniel, who confirmed all of my vital statistics and then realized he needed to transfer me to another number.  The number he sent me to said that it was no longer in server and to call another number.

At that new number, I spoke with Vivian, who apologized and stayed on the line while she tried to transfer me.  This time, she came back to report that I needed to speak with the Customer Advocacy Center and they're only open 8-5 Pacific time.

I called this morning and spoke with a young man who was very polite but wanted to know if I could pay $19,158.72.  That's the call where I was on with them for 32 minutes while he transferred me to Adela in Payment Research so they could track down my last two payments.

I received a third autodialer call at 11:36 a.m.  Didn't answer, was working. 

Missed another call at 5:40 p.m.

I picked up the one that came in at 7:17 p.m.  This young lady was polite but she wasn't aware that I'd just this morning spoken with someone.  She looked in the notes and saw it, did not see the payments applied but that will probably be the next business day.  She had no record that my account was flagged for Consumer Advocacy group;  she said it was in a "normal" status. 

At any rate, I told her I couldn't pay and asked her if I could expect to receive these autodialer calls.  She said yes.  Daily?  Probably.

In case you're counting, that's THREE calls in one day that they seem to continue to make if they don't reach me.

Just for funsies, I think I will return their calls every day and just remind them that I've already told them I couldn't pay the $9,000 Freddie Mac offer and I also can't pay the full $16K (it's not 19K) past due.

I"m not going to let it stress me.  I already know I have the Chapter 13 option.

No comments:

Post a Comment